New harness, which one?

Spoonz

Oright guys, i'm just after a bit of advice regarding the purchase of my 2nd harness.

I want something that's fairly heavy duty, that doesnt pull down when you have a biggish saw hanging from it and that supports your back and hips well.

I have a lightweight thing at the moment but its coming towards the end of its life and i noticed i get hip pain with it if im working off spikes all day with a medium sized saw.

I've heard brilliant things about the tree motion.... but cant face forking out £350 inc VAT. I guess i'd spend £250 on the new one.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to get a stein vega. It's u-create system means you can put the saw anchor point where you want. I tried one on and the pads are quite large which helps spread the load.

£195.62 so it's well in budget

http://www.frjonesandson.co.uk/products-page/climbing-equipment/harnesses1/arb-safety-harnesses/stein-vega-work-positioning-harness/

aye yeah i've seen them, but they look abit too lightweight. i really dont want my new one to sag with a saw/equipment on the back cos i think thats when i get trouble with the hips.

currently looking at the 'treeflex' i just wish i could try it out...

Get a tree motion mate, awesome harness and you can get shoulder straps for when you need to have large saws hanging off you.

I second this, really individual too you can do whatever you want with it. One thing though mart where can you buy the shoulder straps from and are they made for he harness by tree motion?