Trailer training Ipswich area + advice

Suffolk-Matt

Looking for some advice on a company to use in the Ipswich/Suffolk area for trailer training + test.

I have read the posts regarding which license gives what entitlements but am still a little confused :blushing:

I passed my test in 2002 so from what i can tell I'm able to tow a 750kg trailer with a combined truck+trailer weight of less than 3.5T.

Have i got it right ( in the simplest terms please ) that if i do B+E i will be able to tow a larger trailer providing total weight is still less than 3.5t?

I have also looked into doing C1+E which allows for 7.5t truck and 4.5t trailer (this is sounding better) which would cover most bases for now at least.

Driver CPC was also mentioned on a few sites regarding doing C1+E, if im working for myself and using my own vehicles do i need to still do it? whats involved if i do?

So main question is does anyone know of a local-to-me firm for training and is C1+E worth the extra pennies.

if you do the test for the trailer your alowedd as long as the vehicle and trailer are correctly matched a 3.5 tone trailer behind the tow vehicle eg landrover 130 MAM is 3500kg and GTW is 7000kg

Interesting....

So take the van i have at the moment, GTW is 5.5T.... So i could tow a trailer up to 2T and providing i haven't overloaded the truck to over 3.5t i would be legal and B+E would be all that's required?

• 2 months later...

Passing any LGV +E test will give B+E for life

All B licence drivers have the B+E provisional on the paper part of their licence so no theory etc required for the B+E test

If you only need to tow a 3500 max MAM trailer then finding the right B category vehicle which will do that and passing the B+E test is the easiest and cheapest option