SJ dyneema kit feedback..

Just got my dyneema kit in the post. First impressions are it fits a lot better with the well thought out engineering on the rest of the product. The whole unit looks a lot neater. The old velcro was quite tatty and seemed to be stuck on there as an after-thought. Pity it wasn't picked up on from the start but well done for getting it sorted.

Just one criticism though. The wee rubber bit on top of the sling would probably be better if it was sewn into the sling somehow. I can see it getting lost during change-overs pretty easily. And easier change-overs seem to be the main benefit of the sling in the first place. Anyone else who have had this kit for a while still have their rubber bit?

my biner never comes off the sling so its not a problem, just leave it on and its great, and i find the biner sitting the way it does now a lot better, just seems more streamline and no twisting of sling like when we all used to make out own set up. you getting in practice for rope wrench atree?

Have to say I like the way the top biner sits. Keeps the gate out of line with your hands. Most of my work is utility, so throw-lines aren't allowed. Its ART to the top, and numerous change overs. Even changing an anchor-point or installing friction management in the tree seems a potential "lose your rubber bit" situation though.

my biner never comes off the sling so its not a problem, just leave it on and its great, and i find the biner sitting the way it does now a lot better, just seems more streamline and no twisting of sling like when we all used to make out own set up. you getting in practice for rope wrench atree?

im the same, works perfectly then and you wont loose the rubber bit :thumbup1:

do you keep the crap on your rope all the time then scotty?

Pretty much. Unless I've a long throw. Do my best not to use it as a weight when throwing, I keep a throw-bag on a snapper for that. Have been quizzed about it during safety audits but common sense has so far prevailed and they trust me that it would be hard to throw a rope over the line without trying really hard.

I developed the habit of clipping in one handed after years of climbing on the HC and although I've had to adjust a few habits climbing on the SJ, like always limb walking with the rope on my right, one handed change-overs will be a very hard habit to break.