Bulk Bag size preferences

Tom D

whats your preferred size?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. whats your preferred size?

I am looking into getting some UV stable vented bulk bags made up, in order to make it worth while I am going to get more than I need and sell the excess.

So I would like to know your preferences in terms of size.

Personally I prefer a standard 80 x 80 x 80 bag as it only holds about 0.5 - 0.6 cube, this way when competing with other suppliers who sell by the bag you are not giving logs away. There have been loads of threads about people selling 1m3 bags and finding they are undercut by customers selling smaller bags with customers who can't understand the difference. My philosophy is sell in smaller bags and you win in terms of profit, why waste time trying to explain that your bags are bigger??

An 80x80x80 bag holds around 200 logs, my current 97x97x90 bags hold about 250-270 and and a 1m3 bag holds 300+.

However as I would be hoping to sell my excess bags I would like to know what people would like to buy.

And if anyone would like to "come in" on this deal and pay up front then there could be some real bargains. PM me if interested...

They will be vented Dean, I have been using vented bags for a while and they dry logs really well, no mould or sweat. Problem with the ones I currently have is they are not UV stable enough to sit out for a year.

I use 1m3 vented Tom, i only de;iver by the cube so would be interested, i find there great for handling and dry the logs really well, have about a 100 so far for next year. just bought another 40 but will be interested if you have spare at some point.

How do you deliver the 1m3 bags Ian, just tip them off?

yes Dean, load with forks, i can get 3 bags on the tipper and when i get to site if you go canny the bags tip onto the open end if you get what i mean, then i just pull the bag off, if its local i leave the bag and pick up when im next passing.

v little handling and i know what im delivering.

I used to do the same with the smaller bags but now I have two wooden ramps, I tip the back up a bit then slide the bag down the ramps to the deck, most of the time you can reverse up to the garage and slide the bags straight into the garage.

Most of my deliveries need a bit of manual handling to get the bags out the way and I couldn't do that with bigger bags

I would consider them just to store logs in so I know what I have in stock cubic metre wise