Cambium saver

turkeyoak9

Hi Turkeyoak, some of the cambium savers are fitted with a small ring and a bigger one. This is probably the simplest configuration.

One of mine is a Petzl Treesbee - it has a large ring on one end and a maillon on the other. This allows for more adaptation eg. fitting a pulley to the maillon so that friction is decreased.

Have you had a chance to try any out?

I started out with a standard simple cambium saver with a ring on both ends, one slightly smaller for retreival.

I have had the ART ropeguide since last summer, very expensive to buy, but many climbers make their own version at a fraction of the cost. Good bit of kit tho, saves a lot of energy when ascending! The beauty of this bit of kit is that it has a pulley to eliminate friction, as well as being adjustable like the Multisaver. I would definately buy something adjustable, it is very useful in certain circumstances.

If money is no object buy the ART ropeguide, otherwise the multisaver is a good bet.