Treemotion V Skylotec Kolibri

Gnarlyoak

I'm looking to replace my old harness and have narrowed it down to these two (in the title). I'm a bit old school and although everyone raves about Treemotion it looks a bit over fussy/complicated. Has anyone tried both and can give me an idea of pro's and cons' of each to help me make a decision.

Thanks. :thumbup1:

I dont know if this will help you on your search for a new harness but i did my climbing course at Myerscough college and i borrowed there Komet Dragonfly 2 harness, very comfortable and doesnt look too complicated like the treemotion.

Edited by Rhys Conway

I have the Skylotec and love it! V simple with lots of attachment point for equipment and very comfy.

Go to a shop and try them both on, I very nearly just bought my harness from a website without trying it on:thumbdown: Tried the Skylotec and the rest was history!

I’ve got a TM and love it, not as complicated as it looks and I think the rope bridge with stopper knot is quite a raw/old school Idea,

Only a couple of faults which are A: I’its longevity and B: the elastic on the leg loop can be a right Pain in the backside (literally)

As for the skylotec, never used one, but have herd from people at work that the solid leg loops and the sticking out Ds can get in the way a bit, but others highly rate it ,

Why is the sequoia not on your list? seems to be what most people are using nowadays, good harness plus its cheap and has a ten year life…. I think

Don't like either of them, as the bridge is a bit low on both of them feel like they both want you to lie back the whole time. Know a few people who have Petzls and doubt you'll get 10 years out of them. All seem to say they are quite fragile. You looked at the Treemagic yet? Been climbing in one for a couple of years and love it. Very simple design, and seems to have a loop to carry stuff anywhere you look. Just to throw another one in the mix.

i have got a skylotec and they are so comfy. loads of loops to attach stuff 2, but never tried Tm but the climber who teaches us to climb at college and he says that it is very good. so both as good as each other in my limited opinion