help needed please

garry kidd

basically im just starting my cs38 ive bought a complete kit from gustharts but i need a safety strap or second anchor point strap???? i weigh ruffly 20 stone :blushing: and was wondering would a rope grab hold me along wid a 13mm rope or could any one suggest any other method i did borrow the instructors rope with a pulley and friction rope set up but didnt find that very comfy and was playing that it wouldnt hold i would prefer something made of metal just to ease my mind any help would be appreciated

basically im just starting my cs38 ive bought a complete kit from gustharts but i need a safety strap or second anchor point strap???? i weigh ruffly 20 stone :blushing: and was wondering would a rope grab hold me along wid a 13mm rope or could any one suggest any other method i did borrow the instructors rope with a pulley and friction rope set up but didnt find that very comfy and was playing that it wouldnt hold i would prefer something made of metal just to ease my mind any help would be appreciated

If your using both ends of your rope this should be fine?

But yes a rope guide will hold your weight.

Lanyard and simple Prussic will do you to start with Gary. Nice and cheap.

No point spending loads of dough on fancy stuff till you've tried out some different kit.

You sound like a big lad, but the ropes and stuff will lift 2 tonne easy!

Whereabouts are you man?

you could do to be more clear and punctuate.

Didnt realist you had to have a degree in English to ask a simple question, if your not going to help and give him an answer shut up.... I find a wire core flip line a pain for normal climbing, heavy and awkward, use a lanyard with something like a distel and a small pulley, a pulley or rope grab is better than just a prussik as you can shorten one handed and makes life sooo much easier.

Didnt realist you had to have a degree in English to ask a simple question, if your not going to help and give him an answer shut up.... I find a wire core flip line a pain for normal climbing, heavy and awkward, use a lanyard with something like a distel and a small pulley, a pulley or rope grab is better than just a prussik as you can shorten one handed and makes life sooo much easier.

I was simply saying that the post was difficult to understand and therefore difficult to answer properly.

Garry, I have a mate who is 20 stone and is a good climber so don`t worry about that. As said above, i would just start with a lanyard and prussik and take it from there. Pulley set-up is good also. Good luck. :001_smile: