Lanyard

atree

Does any one use a 10mm lanyard?

Whats the pro's and cons?

Im think of getting one made with 10mm AP (Armor-Prus 10mm prusik line)

Cheers

i use 10mm in a bag so can get more in and runs nice on cinch

did feel thin at first but seems ok

in uk all our stuff needs to be over 22kn so need to be carefull what we use

also i believe AP will not have any stretch so beware on a fall ect even a small one

and we are not supposed to use armour prus over here as no CE :thumbdown:mark:thumbdown:

Go for it bro if the ISC grabs it sweet. BIG stopper knot though, and would give me the willies on a big TD!

This AP thing is insane about the CE approval etc.

I now know two climbers who have had their AP hitch cord LOLER approved.

I would knot go back to anything else!:thumbup1:

10mm donaghys basic polyester rope. Its rated high enough and is cheaper to replace, my lanyard seems to get so dirty and pulled that I need to replace it quite often so for me its not worth spending a lot on one. I use an old 13mm blue streak lanyard for the bigger or sappier stuff. i use a VT on mine seems to be sweet.10 mm definateley nicer to climb with.

i used to have a 10mm op and loved it i ran it with a vt and a hc was a great rig i am thinking of changing to the 10.2mm mammut and ill put the vt set up on it. currently running a tachyon line but it just doesnt float me boat. nice choice on the rope though have you heard much about it. ive heard bits and the initial reports are good, just no hard review as yet.