Gloves for Climbing

Treerover

c359ee147037b4c4bdf69e0ca000b22f.jpg

EKOGRIP latex gloves

I've been using these gloves for climbing for nigh on 15 years, before that Sherrill in the States called them 'Wonder gloves' which I used to order from the USA they were so good.

But alas they are now discontinued . Why Lord why?

To me they were the perfect blend of great stretch fit, superb grip in ALL conditions and very importantly for rope work, as the latex wears it never peels and gets stuck in your flaming knot.

For me they were the peachiest glove of any I've tried.

My question is thus:-

Can you recommend any other gloves that you've found that actually grip in the wet, last more than a day, and don't peel as they wear ??

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I've converted to the all Black with rubber palms, there was another thread on TB or AS where everyone was giving @yoyoman a bunch of flack due to them squeaking while ascending. They go for $5 for 10 pair @ the stores I listed earlier. I get a few weeks out of a pair, while using every day. But, how can you complain about the price? When they start cracking or peeling, I use them around the shop to do oil changes and cleaning, sometimes even woodworking (splinter deterrence). I hope this helps you out.

• 1 month later...

Thanks GazN, I've ordered some trial pairs to add to my 'glove mountain !

Dave6390 I'm still struggling to identify your particular recommendation as the stores you mention don't have branches here in the U.K. If you've got a link , that'd be brilliant mate.

(Incidentally, the Ekogrip was never the Atlas- two different gloves.)

Joe I'm trialling the Pfanners at present, they're 'ok' but still not as grippy as the original Eko's .

I think unfortunately that my grip is compromised these days from 20 years of rope adoration at close quarters and my knuckles have become slightly painful.

This of course might also be due to other pursuits (grink grink) or dragging them on the floor for way too long !!

Thanks all for input.........the search goes on ........tbc

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk