More boots

Taupotreeman

Yeah, I know, there are already dozens of threads on boots but; I've tried the Stein phantoms and the Andrews boots and I find the back above the Achilles splits. When it's dry it rubs and digs in to the ankle. Not so bad when it's wet (sweat) but by that stage it's pretty sore. I've also had two pairs of Meindles, which I love, but I spend more time on the ground now so I'm after a good solid all rounder, money no option. Looking at both the pfanner boots and the Haix. Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I wear pfanner tirol fighters.

They're very solid, the soles can be replaced and they're not too narrow (got wide feet so often have to oversize to fit widthways)

I do have sofsole inserts in them, I found the heel area especially lacking in cushioning. They're super comfy with the inserts.

Before these I had two pairs of woodwalkers, both of which were comfy but both pairs literally fell apart within less than a year. I won't buy another pair.

I wear pfanner tirol fighters.

They're very solid, the soles can be replaced and they're not too narrow (got wide feet so often have to oversize to fit widthways)

I do have sofsole inserts in them, I found the heel area especially lacking in cushioning. They're super comfy with the inserts.

Before these I had two pairs of woodwalkers, both of which were comfy but both pairs literally fell apart within less than a year. I won't buy another pair.

I had a pair of the fighters. Really nice solid boots but they didn't last me that long unfortunately.

I guess it's also down to the wearer. Someone who works for me got 4 years out of the meindls! I didn't get to a year.

So i guess part of it is luck, part care, part quality of product and part is in the way you walk, the shape of your feet and how the move and stress the boots, how high you lift your feet when you walk, etc etc etc...

I guess it's also down to the wearer. Someone who works for me got 4 years out of the meindls! I didn't get to a year.

So i guess part of it is luck, part care, part quality of product and part is in the way you walk, the shape of your feet and how the move and stress the boots, how high you lift your feet when you walk, etc etc etc...

I get about a year max out of the air streams before having to resole them. I wear the heels out on one side. I know that getting a year plus out of boots is pretty good but I don't wear them everyday. If I was climbing everyday they'd be my first choice; I've found nothing better so far.