Cougar Orange vs blue

Dilz

I'm not sure but I just got some more none CE cougar blue a 60m hank as my 50 was not long enough and it feels completely different because it needs wearing in , feels a lot thinner and maybe slippery but I'm guessing that's just new rope for you,Needs fluffing up and some grit on it!

perhaps that is just it - it needs some sap working into it and then a spin on 60C should fluff it up a bit :D - My cougar orange and blue were bought from Nod. - and its amaizing how quickly you can loose 50 -60m of rope on SRT around a tree.

Got my hands on 35m of cougar Orange to use along side my 60m cougar blue SRT line...cant help but notice that the Orange is noticeably thinner than the blue...its feels and looks like 11mm instead of 11.7mm anyone else notice this?

Its probably because the older rope has fluffed up and expanded with dirt getting into the core.. I tend to find my newer cougar is a bit faster on the bulldog bone compared to the dirtier older stuff.

i think banging the cougar blue on a 60C wash fluffed it up nice. Climbed on both the orange and blue today - Blue is noticably nicer to grip but the orange wasnt too bad and still is a really good rope - ran it with a zig zag and was smooth as anything.

I know nod did have some but I just assumed any thing in the uk now would be CE marked so I went with tree stuff because Tragically I also wanted one of there green jambo rope wrenches so there was not too much of a hit on import.

The Orange from Nod is not CE, the Blue is.

i think banging the cougar blue on a 60C wash fluffed it up nice. Climbed on both the orange and blue today - Blue is noticably nicer to grip but the orange wasnt too bad and still is a really good rope - ran it with a zig zag and was smooth as anything.

I just use a rope brush in warm water to get most of the dirt off, then stick my ropes in to rinse in the machine:thumbup:

so after a couple of days of wet and slimy trees - the new rope has started to look and feel more like my cougar blue. I didnt realize the orange was not CE marked....would have been nice if it had said that on their website...its going to have to stay in the truck on some gigs now :/