Courant Koala

thetoolnut

Any of you lads out there climbing with a Courant Koala? Are the rings on the leg loops rated for life support? I usually have my lanyard on the legs strap rings on my T.M, this option is what in my opinion sets the T.M apart from most other harnesses on the market. I'm researching a second harness for a rescue harness/training harness for a few groundie's I work with who are interested in progressing on to climbing. The M.C.R.S, the Monkey Beevor harness from New Tribe and the T.M S/light are the other options I've looked at. The option of a set of suspenders would be an advantage as well, which is my only gripe with the T.M.

This will be an online purchase some time in the future, I fully realize that harnesses are very personal in terms of fit. I was enquiring more into the suitability of the leg strap rings for life support and some general feedback in terms of durability and value for money.

Any of you lads out there climbing with a Courant Koala? Are the rings on the leg loops rated for life support? I usually have my lanyard on the legs strap rings on my T.M, this option is what in my opinion sets the T.M apart from most other harnesses on the market. I'm researching a second harness for a rescue harness/training harness for a few groundie's I work with who are interested in progressing on to climbing. The M.C.R.S, the Monkey Beevor harness from New Tribe and the T.M S/light are the other options I've looked at. The option of a set of suspenders would be an advantage as well, which is my only gripe with the T.M.

Just brought one but not taken it out the bag yet...will put review on here in the coming weeks..but I always take my time when buying anything especially when your life kinda depends on it...good reviews and come back from users and the price is not suppidley over the top.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi toolnut, I purchased this saddle a few weeks back and have put it through some paces. Yes, the rings are rated as that is where the bridge connects. All in all it's a good saddle. Not as comfortable as the TM but the TM was getting to be a bit much for the light pruning work that I have gravitated towards. It is perfect for that. A good blend between the Sequoia and the TM. Nice gear loops, simple design, comfortable. What else can I say? :thumbup:

Outstanding! Thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated I can assure you. My local dealer has told me he'll be stocking Courant gear very shortly so I'll get a chance to swing out of it before I commit. As you said re: the T.M, I'm after something lighter but still comfortable and robust for pruning and light reductions,

Thanks.