Andrew Cervino Quick Step boots?

Old Mill Tree Care

I have them, about 6 months now. Decided to give them a go after my meindl airstreams gave up their faithful service after 2 years and went to boot heaven.

Im happy with them. The clip on ascender isn't as gimmicky as I thought it might be, nice and quick to clip on and off, in the tree aswell. The boots themselves are comfortable, not too hot, quick to tie up, waterproof so far. Ok, have to be fair, they aren't as comfy as the meindls (they are like wearing thick socks), but the quick-steps are comfy enough, nothing to complain about.

I would say I would get them again, i'm that happy with them, but then I saw the NEW meindl airsteams, and changed my mind. I'm getting those next.... 😀

I can recommend them. Them or the meindls.

👍

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Arbtalk mobile app

I have them, about 6 months now. Decided to give them a go after my meindl airstreams gave up their faithful service after 2 years and went to boot heaven.

Im happy with them. The clip on ascender isn't as gimmicky as I thought it might be, nice and quick to clip on and off, in the tree aswell. The boots themselves are comfortable, not too hot, quick to tie up, waterproof so far. Ok, have to be fair, they aren't as comfy as the meindls (they are like wearing thick socks), but the quick-steps are comfy enough, nothing to complain about.

I would say I would get them again, i'm that happy with them, but then I saw the NEW meindl airsteams, and changed my mind. I'm getting those next....

I can recommend them. Them or the meindls.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Arbtalk mobile app

Boots are such a personal thing, its very hard to get a good recommendation, IMO.

I listened to all the people who raved about airstreams, oh boy!! how I regretted it for the first few months, compared to Hiax pro's they were horrible!! I had been wearing Haix for 13 years+, so comfortable and warm, but did not last long and a bit bulky.

The airsteam's are SO cold!! and hard, my feet were so uncomfortable for the first few months, they are broken in now and are OK, not great, but OK. They are wearing incredibly well, I reckon I'll get a couple of years out of them, which is unheard of for me. 12 months is the very longest I've had out of the Haix or any other boot and many have only lasted me 8 months.

If this winter had been cold I would have bought some haix for the winter and kept the airsteam's for summer, but as its mild I'll cope.

Edited by skyhuck

Damn! They are a fine looking boot...my pair of Airstreams lasted three years.Still have them about although the soles have lost most of the tread.My second pair have almost lost the heel.They started to split after about eight months.I can't work out how it may have happened other than the fact that a lot of our work(Clearance on building sites) is very rocky/ muddy. Clay almost and although i rinse them thoroughly i reckoned that this might have caused them to disintigrate.1481956381498.jpg.ba25e1cad65a6faaf806304b90b77274.jpg

Edited by silky fox

Fair-do's, I'll give you that regarding boots. 'Tis personal. Myself and a workmate both got the red Arbpro clip'n step climbing boots at the same time, i still have mine, and really like them, my workmate says they pinch in a couple of places and hardly wears them... And I only heard bad things about Haix, which is why i aint ever had them.

Ok, then, I find the quick steps comfortable, if a bit stiff at first. As for wear, after 6 months, I havent noticed any wear and tear yet, so hoping I should get another year out of them.

Forgot to mention, that because of the clip on ascender, there is a big, i'm assuming steel, plate on the inside of each boot. I can imagine how some may find that uncomfortable or annoying, but it dont bother me.

Try them on is all I can say 😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Boots are such a personal thing, its very hard to get a good recommendation, IMO.

I agree they are a personal thing, like a harness, so it's useful to know if they're falling apart prematurely or horribly flawed in the design, regarding comfort.

Interesting what you say about Airstream boots. I don't fit Hiax well but love Meindel. I have colleagues who are opposite. It seems if you fit Meindel you won't fit Hiax.

I always had hair till the tongue filled with saw dust prematurely killing them off after a very short service life. Went over to the airstreams- not as good as all the hype but mine are well into there second year so good value for money. Wondering what the wood walkers would be like

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

I always had hair till the tongue filled with saw dust prematurely killing them off after a very short service life. Went over to the airstreams- not as good as all the hype but mine are well into there second year so good value for money. Wondering what the wood walkers would be like

A fellow member (mr treebus) really rates the wood walkers. I have meindl walking boots which are super comfy.

Ment to say haix not hair- God damn auto spell