Cougar Blue

stewmo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use orange a lot on my bulldog bone and it's great. I got a longer piece of blue at the same time but it doesn't grip. I tried putting the larger cam on and it was great. And the orange was still fine.

I also used blue tongue shortly after but had to go back to the smaller cam which worked fine.

But then the next time I used the cougar blue it wasn't gripping even though I had the large cam on. When we measured the diameter of the two cougar orange and blue, surprisingly the blue was wider but yet still didn't grip. (Even though they are supposed to be same diameter) Can't explain why but would love to know if anyone else has experienced a difference in the two colours.

Lack of stretch ? Any one know what they have done to it to make it CE approved? I have a few hanks of it and would choose it over anything else as it's so less bouncy ,it does take a few climbs to bed in though.

The CE stuff is not Cougar Blue only in name and colour.

Used Cougar Blue on DdRT and it's just as nice as SRT.

The CE stuff is not Cougar Blue only in name and colour.

Used Cougar Blue on DdRT and it's just as nice as SRT.

Cool , I have 60m of pre brexit foreign cougar I have been saving and was thinking I should of got CE marked instead but a few people have said the same.. I like the formula I have at the minute.

if its made by doughnys and is called cougar blue is it not all the same?? i have heard some batches can vary in bounce a bit, or is this something different done in the manufacturing process to gain a CE mark?

just wondering.

thanks carl