Rig'n'wrench for ariel recue.

john meehan

I don't know if this has come up before but I'm wondering if a rig'n'wrench could be utilized as an ariel rescue tool.

I'm think a separate bag with the rescue kit to take up the tree, from reading over on tree buzz the rope of choice seems to be normal 16 strand.

So up the tree bag with say 45 meters of ripe in it. Reach your climber attach rig'n'wrench above, drop the bag to the ground guys, attach climber and steer down to the ground while groundie lowers?

Obvious wouldnt be suitable for all situations but another string in the bow.

What do you all think?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

I don't know if this has come up before but I'm wondering if a rig'n'wrench could be utilized as an ariel rescue tool.

I'm think a separate bag with the rescue kit to take up the tree, from reading over on tree buzz the rope of choice seems to be normal 16 strand.

So up the tree bag with say 45 meters of ripe in it. Reach your climber attach rig'n'wrench above, drop the bag to the ground guys, attach climber and steer down to the ground while groundie lowers?

Obvious wouldnt be suitable for all situations but another string in the bow.

What do you all think?

Thanks

At first I thought it was an inspired idea.

Then I realised it was s lot more expensive than a figure eight.

Don't sweat it, a figure eight is still more expensive than a fork and a wrap round the trunk!

Simple is best, and your rely on kit and knowledge that most have and can implement.

Seen some amazingly well thought out rescue ideas recently in pictures either on Instagram or Facebook yet always think that whilst that D4 backed up with a munters and a prussik secured with hand spliced tenex adjustable choker sling with double compound haul system is excellent rope craft and knowledge with an unparraled level of equipment in your kit bag arsenal it is way to complex.

At first I thought it was an inspired idea.

Then I realised it was s lot more expensive than a figure eight.

There is one aspect of the Rigging Wrench that makes it uniquely different: it's ability to take up slack while under load. This could prove to be an asset in a rescue.

There is one aspect of the Rigging Wrench that makes it uniquely different: it's ability to take up slack while under load. This could prove to be an asset in a rescue.

This was part of my thinking. You have a lifting possibility built in making manoeuvring a injured climber much easier.