Possible for American to cone over and do some temp work??

Oifvet0708

Hi all I'm coming to visit, I hope, friends in Portsmouth, and do some other work while there. I had hoped to get in some tree work while there, but not sure I can. Is it possible? I'm a climber here, with my own small service in Massachusetts, mostly do removals and bigger limb trimming, not so much pruning. I posted in the employment section, but I got curious as to wether I actually can do a little cash work . I was born in Scotland in the early 70's and have dual citizenship that I haven't done anything with. I would love to do some overseas work, perhaps learn a few things you fellas do over there.

Hi all I'm coming to visit, I hope, friends in Portsmouth, and do some other work while there. I had hoped to get in some tree work while there, but not sure I can. Is it possible? I'm a climber here, with my own small service in Massachusetts, mostly do removals and bigger limb trimming, not so much pruning. I posted in the employment section, but I got curious as to wether I actually can do a little cash work . I was born in Scotland in the early 70's and have dual citizenship that I haven't done anything with. I would love to do some overseas work, perhaps learn a few things you fellas do over there.

Glad you posted again in another section . Its not possible to reply to your post in the employment section as you need to leave a phone number . I did send you PM to tell you that . There is a guy looking for people to do sweet chestnut coppicing in Midhurst which is not far away . Cant remember his user name just now but if you look through the employment sectin you might find it .

I did notice a lot of certification requirements, even for ground guys, which is good and bad nice for them to now more, but here, my guy knows how to run a porty, knots, saws, sharpening, and he doesn't have to spend money on certs to drag brush, it still pay for him to know stuff, he brings more of his own stuff, like a truck to haul away wood, and I pay him more.

I did notice a lot of certification requirements, even for ground guys, which is good and bad nice for them to now more, but here, my guy knows how to run a porty, knots, saws, sharpening, and he doesn't have to spend money on certs to drag brush, it still pay for him to know stuff, he brings more of his own stuff, like a truck to haul away wood, and I pay him more.

The certification thing grew out of the fear of getting sued and we learned ambulance chasing from the USA when Thatcher de regulated the insurance industry

No one to blame but yourselves I am afraid :laugh1:

If your still planning on working on your next trip over make sure you have hospital and medical coverage for the entire duration of your stay. The last thing you need to spoil your working vacation is becoming sick or injured while in country. Send me a pm and I can either call or send you the link for coverage I use for every trip over to the U.K.

easy-lift guy