Dealing with lazy staff!

Grüße

Not sure whether this is in the right topic so feel free to move it if necessary!

You've just joined a new company as the lead climber but not crew leader. The crew leader has a terrible work ethic and ultimately holds up jobs. You could speak to the boss but then you'll be a grass and nobody likes a grass, and there goes any chance of having a good working relationship with him.

The crew leader is ultimately the guy who calls the shots and you feel you haven't been there long enough to start throwing your weight around. However, as lead climber,if jobs aren't being completed, the finger is pointed!

How would you experienced members deal with this?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your job is getting timber on the ground then crack on and do it then move on to next tree if rest of crew can not keep up because of a lazy foreman it his problem. Or If travel to jobs in separate trucks leave them clearing up and good to next job then the boss can see were the problem is.

Not sure whether this is in the right topic so feel free to move it if necessary!

You've just joined a new company as the lead climber but not crew leader. The crew leader has a terrible work ethic and ultimately holds up jobs. You could speak to the boss but then you'll be a grass and nobody likes a grass, and there goes any chance of having a good working relationship with him.

The crew leader is ultimately the guy who calls the shots and you feel you haven't been there long enough to start throwing your weight around. However, as lead climber,if jobs aren't being completed, the finger is pointed!

How would you experienced members deal with this?

I don't know why you use the word "grass" . Surely it's better to look him in the eye and call it. If he's holding the jobs up its ultimately your livelihood at stake. What loyalty do you owe him? He's prepared to put your job at risk by being a chancer.

I would give him the choice... Either pull his finger out or your going to ask for a better ground crew.

Lead by example..

You are paid to do your job do it to the best of your ability and hopefully shame the lazy into working.. Chances are the boss will know the score.

If it continues after a few months then tell the boss...

Unless you are working for me and then tell me right away...

(I don't think you are though...):)