Haas

stihlmadasever

Hello all,

Im trying to get some of my extra climbing bits that i dont use to make myself a HAAS.Ive got a petzl chest ascender some rubber tubing cable ties and an old non bungee chainsaw strop to use as a foot loop,but id love to know if anyone else has made one and how they went about it.

Before anyone says-im not buying one,im a tight arsed scotsman so there.

Cheers in advance for any ideas or input.

Well, I bought a HAAS and then got fed up with it.

Don't get me wrong, it worked perfectly but i bought it to make life easier and I got annoyed that it was always on the back of my harness!

So I removed the bungee and shortened the footloop part until the rope grab was just under my knee. I then used a small webbing strap to attach the grab to my leg under the knee.

I then replaced the footloop with a carabiner because I wear Clip n Step boots.

So, the only original part I now use is the rope grab and it's utterly brilliant having it on my leg all the time. Saves so much energy and some time.

I'd send you a photo of my knee ascender but I'm on holiday:

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1468424555.317290.jpg.b157cbc26c7c1f3197b3c0e9ec9d8bb2.jpg

Anything like this

[ATTACH]208459[/ATTACH]

That one looks pretty professional compared to the one im putting together.To be fair i dont care how it looks as long as it works well.

Im having problems attaching the ascender (knee) to my knee area,i thought of a velcro strap of some kind???

Well, I bought a HAAS and then got fed up with it.

Don't get me wrong, it worked perfectly but i bought it to make life easier and I got annoyed that it was always on the back of my harness!

So I removed the bungee and shortened the footloop part until the rope grab was just under my knee. I then used a small webbing strap to attach the grab to my leg under the knee.

I then replaced the footloop with a carabiner because I wear Clip n Step boots.

So, the only original part I now use is the rope grab and it's utterly brilliant having it on my leg all the time. Saves so much energy and some time.

I'd send you a photo of my knee ascender but I'm on holiday:

[ATTACH]208456[/ATTACH]

Checking arbtalk on your holidays...thats really sad,

i do it too lol

A photo when you get back would be great cheers mate