Stihl MS180 help - starts on full choke and idel - but dies if you touch the choke

Nate-Dawg343

I'm back guys! I'm looking for ideas on an issue I've not yet encountered! I've got my hands on a lovely little MS180 - it starts on full choke, while in full choke the saw will Rev then idel constantly in a pulsating way. If I take it off full choke it dies instantly. This is the work I've already completed:

- Replaced the carb with a new one (tested on a restored MS180 and can definitely confirm it is not the carb)

- cleaned the fuel tank, filter and checked the fuel line (no damage and holds its shape)

- air filter cleaned and replaced.

- pulled the muffler and checked the barrel for scoring, no damage and has compression.

- new spark plug

One thing I have noticed that the rubber manifold between the carb and the cylinder appears to be deformed and the nylon washer isn't sitting inside the rubber correctly - would this cause the saw to surge in the pulsating way I've described? I have a spare but don't want to waste my time if it's a none starter. I bow down to your superior knowledge. Thanks in advance.