Echo 360tes oiling problem

THE88MAN

Probably one for spud or someone with similar knowledge this one.had an echo 360 topper from new (about 2 years) always been a bit lazy oiling from new,if I blow it out (bar groove,oiler hole etc) it oils ok for a tank or two then stops,stripped it tonight and noticed it seems to be seeping a minute amount of oil from the base,has it split a gasket somewhere? Thanks in advance

Probably one for spud or someone with similar knowledge this one.had an echo 360 topper from new (about 2 years) always been a bit lazy oiling from new,if I blow it out (bar groove,oiler hole etc) it oils ok for a tank or two then stops,stripped it tonight and noticed it seems to be seeping a minute amount of oil from the base,has it split a gasket somewhere? Thanks in advance

Hello, if yew remove the flywheel side cover there is a tiny breather hole that vents the oil tank. Beware there is a tiny rubber O ring which partially seals the vent hole, it is held in situ when the side cover is screwed back into place. I simply empty the oil tank and carefully push a tiny allen key thru the blocked up O ring (shaped like a tiny donut) and vent hole, sometimes you will actually hear the air rush out as you clear the vent.

Also on my 360TES the oil cap has a round rubber O ring that comes out of place sometimes when i unscrew the cap to refill, i simply push it back into place as i reckon oil will leak out along the threads of the cap if the O ring is lost.

I too seem to find some oil residue around the base of the saw and was concerned it might be leaking but i never found a reason for it as it's no big deal.

some pics make it easier to understand. When ya look into the oil tank you can see where the vent hole terminates inside the tank itself. The oiler on the 360 is also adjustable.

thumbnail_20150916_151458_1.jpg

thumbnail_20150916_151208.jpg

Edited by wicklamulla

We had this problem with ours (about the same age) we took it back to the supplier thinking bloody hell it can not need a new oil pump already and they informed that it was a blockage of the filter in the oil tank pipe feed we are always carefull in filtering oil into the tank but when you take the filter out the gauze is very fine as we have had the occasional blockage and cleared it ourselves easy fix as the plastic gauze filter just pulls of the brass attachment

Hope this helps regards Essexlogman