Selling saws on eBay.

Adamam

I sometimes sell saws on ebay.

Recently I've had two really strong saws go out and be ruined with bad/neat fuel.

Both were in tip top shape, both wrecked by buyers.

On both occasions the buyers have returned the saws and demanded refunds which eBay have granted (as they always do).

How does one guard against this? Is there a way? I'm about done with eBay.

I sometimes sell saws on ebay.

Recently I've had two really strong saws go out and be ruined with bad/neat fuel.

Both were in tip top shape, both wrecked by buyers.

On both occasions the buyers have returned the saws and demanded refunds which eBay have granted (as they always do).

How does one guard against this? Is there a way? I'm about done with eBay.

I would say putting that the saw "Must "be used with two stroke oil in the fuel and that you will not except returns in your listing should about cover it . I would also put a instruction sheet in with the saw at despatch as a insurance policy as well.

I haven't sold anything for a while but I used to put a written instruction in with the saw and put in bold red that using neat fuel will damage the saw.

I also always did a vid on youtube of the saw working and took the time to give instruction to any purchaser picking the saw up.

I never had any issues but you have to remember, many purchasers will be numptys who have never used a saw so sending it out with the bar and chain attached and pre tensioned and with a bottle of two stroke included can be small things that stop this sort of thing occurring.

I guess most people are too lazy to work out how to use their new purchase and are too dishonest to blame their own stupidity!!

Sold unseen, no returns, no warranty,

Make sure you have a clear no returns section filled out on eBay.

Anything of any value I usually settle out of eBay and take a bank transfer as payment. You can agree with the bidder to settle up out of eBay you can sell it to them cheaper as there's no fees.

A degree of trust is needed however so I usually speak to them on the phone first. It's the only way to be 100% safe that your not going to get scammed.

We all know a saw can be wrecked almost instantly with malpractice.

I use eBay mainly for advertising purposes now. As sellers have zero protection.