Husqvarna 365 with a 28" bar?

Gbaz

I have just bought a 365 and I am running a 20" bar. I am very pleased with it so far. In the manual it says that the max bar length is 28" and I am tempted to get one for infrequent use. I realise performance is not going to be that great but will it actually be useable?

Thanks

It will for , as you say , infrequent use . If its an Xtorque model grind the fins of the inside of the transfer covers and it will become a 372 XT . Bit more go .

Edited by Stubby

Thanks all, I might give it a go. I want to turn it into a 372 but not sure if I should wait until the warranty runs out. Where sells skip chains?

I used to get them from USA but I think Rob D on hear sells them now .

Hi,

My 365 uses a 0.058" gauge chain, chain in skip or semi skip is difficult to get hold of but does exist!

One solution could be to get a standard chain & grind off every third link to make a semi skip chain - Anyone ever tried this?

Rob D sells skip chain by the link in 0.063 (but not 0.058) so you'd need a bar to match

Alternatively I think Frawleys Saw Shop supply them, they also have an e-bay shop. If you Google Frawleys saw shop it finds it.

hope this helps

N

28"inch bar a bit overkill for that saw id say

I agree, but if it were modded as Stubby suggested & run with a skip chain its probably fine if used occaisionally, as the OP states: "I am tempted to get one for infrequent use".

N