Anyone else into their fountain pens?

jrose

As per title really, anyone else into nice pens?

I decided just before Christmas that I was fed up of plastic biros, and brought myself a parker jotter ballpoint for the truck and a vector rollerball for a "nice" pen.

Since then, I've added another jotter ballpoint, a vector fountain pen, a Lamy Safari and a Cross Aventura to the fleet, starting to feel like I've got enough now!

On the plus side, I haven't been obsessing over chainsaws or climbing kit since.

I'm trying to resist exploring the world of bottled inks, but the dark side is calling :)

I'm 24 and use my fountain pen all the time ....I don't think anyone under 25 still does and it's a massive shame. Where do you get your fountain pens from and Ian leach your pens look great ...how much do you charge to make them ?

The top two pictures the components are full rhodium with black titanium decal, the roller ball refill is high quality Beaufort ink. The fountain pen has got a high quality German made nib , comes with a platinum ink cartridge and a link sucky thingy (forgot the name).

The last picture has the same ink and nibs but the components are 24ct gold plated.

There are variations of these pens components chrome, gunmetal.

The top two pictures are £120 for the set and the last picture is £80 for the set.

I can make them out of a timber of your choice I have various timbers in stock, but can source others.

I'll post other pictures later this evening.

Cult Pens is a good place to look - wide selection of ink pens. Sailor, Kaweco, TWSBI are all good Japanese makes, as are Pelikan and Platinum (£££). Calligraphy's good for the soul, if you have the time. Don't forget some good ink from Diamine, Mont Blanc, Herbin (the inks themselves end up being pretty collectible).

Andy's Pens site has often a good range of pre-owned pens for the connisseur....:cool: