Phanner zermatt gtx boots.

WoodED

Far too heavy & chunky for me...feels like your wearing concrete on your feet!

Great for spiking, good support & very waterproof more so than the airstream.

I will be sticking with the airstream although I don't think they'll last as long as the zematts.

Thank you Scott. It's the support I'm looking for really.

Good boots , had a few pairs averaging about 2 years a pair , the movement is a lot better than the pfanner tirrol fighters but I'm alternating between them and the Andrews that I brought back in feb that all ready have popped eyes the pfanners are a lot better spiking boot, I would probably go for more zermatts next, meindles are too narrow for my feet.

Ditto Scotts comments. clumpy and heavy

Airstreams for me at the moment, won a pair of husqvarna technical extreme boots shortly after buying the meindls, as comfy as the airstreams but with higher ankle support. only worn a handfull of times as they're my "reserve" boots, seem good though, worth a look.

• 1 month later...

sorry to bring up an old thread. i've just nicked my airstreams with my saw:crying: this hasn't happened to me in about 6 years but still hart breaking loved those boots. so i'm in the market for a new pair. thinking about phanner zermatt instead of another pair of air stream.

i don't use spikes much at all (find its to slow for most things) so not to worry about support. but i do like my comfort. is it worth the weight difference? would be my question. and are they as good for branch walking and jumping around in the tree?