Would fitting a tracker on your chipper make insurance cheaper?

sasha.p

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at all security options for a chipper and want to know what's the best tracker etc to use will it bring down the insurance if one is used? do the insurance companies recommend certain ones ?

I don't know if it would reduce a premium but if the insurers take the same attitude to trackers as they do to burglar alarms I certainly would not let an insurer know the equipment was tracked.

I don't know if it would reduce a premium but if the insurers take the same attitude to trackers as they do to burglar alarms I certainly would not let an insurer know the equipment was tracked.

Just out of interest, why wouldn't you let your insurers know?

I was looking at something like this seems expensive but then so is a chipper and I already lost one to thieves prevention is better than cure but seems they will take anything so im guessing at least if its fitted with a tracker there is a small chance I may get it back Battery Powered TRACKER Retrieve - Vehicle Tracking & Security Systems I too am curious why wouldn't you tell the insurance?

I was looking at something like this seems expensive but then so is a chipper and I already lost one to thieves prevention is better than cure but seems they will take anything so im guessing at least if its fitted with a tracker there is a small chance I may get it back Battery Powered TRACKER Retrieve - Vehicle Tracking & Security Systems I too am curious why wouldn't you tell the insurance?

Hi mate a bit daft or silly telling everyone you're going to fit a tracker on your chipper on the net do you not think thanks John

Just out of interest, why wouldn't you let your insurers know?

Because if the tracker is not functioning at the time of theft they will try and get out of paying up, in the same way if you forget to set the burglar alarm and the burglar alarm is mentioned in the policy they will say you are at fault, in the same way if you leave keys in a car you will not be covered.

What the tracker does is to mitigate your loss if it enables you to find it.

Because if the tracker is not functioning at the time of theft they will try and get out of paying up, in the same way if you forget to set the burglar alarm and the burglar alarm is mentioned in the policy they will say you are at fault, in the same way if you leave keys in a car you will not be covered.

What the tracker does is to mitigate your loss if it enables you to find it.

Fair enough. 👍