Stihl HSA 85

IVECOKID

Had this now for 3 months on daily use and I love it , saves my ppors knackered elbows and shoulder .

Do this clip for those pondering on buying one ,today I picked up the new Cordless telescopic hedge trimmer so will see how that lives up to daily use .

Ste

Are the batteries up to the job? Can you keep going all day like petrol? How many battiers chargers do you need? I here storys of cells dying in batteries making them useless & at £120 a go its a bit steep. Also how about charge points what do you do when customer is out? Or cutting in the woods? Stihl spec also states with battery HS56 ( petrol ) lighter than HSA ( battery ). I think if they were lighter, as poweful & longer battery life with shortter charge time they could compete with petrol. I think its a few years off. I am loving my HS56 & FS94 the new 2 stroke stuff is lighter & powefuler than ever. I also find it uses little fuel comperd to predessesor. The stratified charge system works very well.

Edited by mowandgo

I only use one battery the And the slow charger at home ,has for charging at customers for me there is no need has like the hedge in the video I can do dozen of them in a day with it but I don't .

Has for bigger jobs I still use petrol Hs45 ,HS80 and 4mix long reach ,the Cordless is for smaller hedge jobs and up to to now I have flattened the battery once and that was using the top handle saw .

For me it works well on my garden rounds taking out one less repetitive starting day in day out of mowers,strimmers,blowers etc.

Ste

How do you find the long reach, i have 2 of the HSA 85 and love them. I did look at the log reach and found the balance off putting, any feedback would be appreciated.

With regards to the battery, i have 2, normal battery and i have the back pack which lasts for ages, 3-4 days on average, battery a few hours. I carry my charger with me and normally charge it up at clients sites, only take about 30 mins for a charge