Anyone else had problems with using oregon arborol?

Duncan.

So thought I would try and be friendly to the polar bears and start using bio oil chain oil about 3 months ago after only ever using the normal Oregon oil.

I run a few 200t and use 1 every day and try and switch so they all get run over the week but this oil has blocked them up so many times I have used only about 10 litres out of a 25 litre barrel and have had to buy a new barrel of the old stuff its got that annoying. it looks like old engine oil or treacle with the consistency of water? or have I got a dodgy batch?

We use Aspen chain oil and have no issues aside from price.

The previous 'bio' chain oil was recycled, much darker and gummed up the top handle saws pumps.

It also was most certainly not halal and stunk heavily of fried food.

Aspens tag line should be...

" He uses Aspen because he's worth it"

Ty

Totally broke my 150 oiling system brought a brand new 193 in the mean time while 150 was getting fixed. Broke that. I'm now using synth plus but I'm interested on if people think the Oregon no bio oil is any good? Cheers

So thought I would try and be friendly to the polar bears and start using bio oil chain oil about 3 months ago after only ever using the normal Oregon oil.

I run a few 200t and use 1 every day and try and switch so they all get run over the week but this oil has blocked them up so many times I have used only about 10 litres out of a 25 litre barrel and have had to buy a new barrel of the old stuff its got that annoying. it looks like old engine oil or treacle with the consistency of water? or have I got a dodgy batch?

I've been using nothing but Arboroil on most of my saws for the last 4 years. Not the slightest problem with it. It dilutes at 5 to 1 with water, so I can carry a couple of litres into the woods and as long as I find a stream I can make up 12 litres.

I don't use it on my 200Ts though, teh oiler pipe and the hole on the bar are too small and it just doesn't seem to work. I run them on normal bar oil and since they don't get used for long periods a little oil lasts a long time.

Arboroil has probably saved me £00s over the years. Customers react well to knowing that I use it.