200T oil leak.

Mesterh

Brought this up awhile ago but iirc there wasnt much respone:sad: so bringing it up again.

Anyone else have probs with there 200T leaking chain oil at the bottom of the saw between the crank case's?

I thought it may because I was using cheapo thin engine oil but it still happens even after using 'proper' anti fling oil.

The prob is the gasket sort of gets sucked into the case and therefore leaks oil.

Maybe I treat my saws badly, just wondering if anyone else has this prob.

BTW dont bother posting if you polish your saw everyday and keep it in one of those chainsaw bags :001_tongue:

My 260 leaks chain oil, but to be honest it's such a small amount that I can't be bothered to investigate. I notice it if I leave it in the kitchen overnight instead of locking it away properly. But it could even be the fact that it's got a constant oil pump rather than throttle activated and is just oil thats not got to the chain.

could it be the oil regulator screw needs adjusting?

Could be, I usually have them set to give out the highest amount of oil.

It looks to me that a vacuum is being created in the oil tank which pulls the gasket in.

Only 6 replies there must be a lot of chainsaw polishers out there!

:001_smile:

Could be, I usually have them set to give out the highest amount of oil.

It looks to me that a vacuum is being created in the oil tank which pulls the gasket in.

If you have replaced the oil cap....

Could be bad machining on the crankcase halves, if it's puling in the gasket then the halves aren't clamping down has hard in that spot as it should to grip the gasket, try tightening down the crankcase bolts if that doesn't work the only cure is new crankcase