300tdi is it best to fit a kenlow fan on thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 1 on my 200tdi jon and got a switch on dash to turn it on, rare it gets used, normally only very hot days with a big load and lots of hills to pull up.

HI JOHN my one got hot today hopping it was only low on water :sneaky2:mate them 300tdi do not like the heat 200tdi a better engine i think thanks jon :thumbup:

With a good viscous coupling and good radiator DNS cowling the standard fan is overkill ! If yours is getting hot again I pull think either the head is goosed the block has warped which is not uncommon in 300tdis the rads shot or the thermostat is u/s and not opening fast enough or at all water pump may not be doing its job (unlikely) or it's not been bled properly the radiator has a filler cap on front top meeds to be removed and filled to top no air then the same plug on the top of the thermostat housing needs opening and make sure this is also full otherwise it is at risk of air lock also all of the above should be done with heater on hot too !

With a good viscous coupling and good radiator DNS cowling the standard fan is overkill ! If yours is getting hot again I pull think either the head is goosed the block has warped which is not uncommon in 300tdis the rads shot or the thermostat is u/s and not opening fast enough or at all water pump may not be doing its job (unlikely) or it's not been bled properly the radiator has a filler cap on front top meeds to be removed and filled to top no air then the same plug on the top of the thermostat housing needs opening and make sure this is also full otherwise it is at risk of air lock also all of the above should be done with heater on hot too !

HI MATE i think your right there is it best fit new head or new engine thanks jon :thumbup:

Years ago I asked Kenlowe fans if they would recommend their biggest fan that would fit a 300TDI for heavy towing in hot weather and they said no... They said that the standard fan fitted to the LandRover would provide more cooling and this would be even more important with an oversized intercooler which would preheat the air before it reached the radiator. This was about 10 years ago so would be worth checking again. The standard setup is oversized for UK weather since they were designed to cope with hotter climates. As twistedhicap says it is probably something wrong with the existing cooling system components and hence an electric fan is unlikely to be the solution.

HI MATE whats the prices of a new head then thanks jon :thumbup: