Ranger MPG. What do you get?

PeteB

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ian, you are a card! Good Morning too you.....

Yes, 2.2, which seems to go okay and freshly serviced....Not towing, driving like an old dear in amongst the lorries on a long MWay drag returned 30.1! Towing a 750kg unit on mostly MWay at indicated 60mph got me 26.4!!! what a bag of shshshsh stuff! most unimpressed! I took about 3,300kg of kit to Scotland at 56 all the way to Carlisle and got 15.8 which did not improve my demeanor at all.

Anyone report anything on the new style Rodeo or done much with the Amorak? not that we can change now....

Dmax is I think the Rodeo's replacement. Regardless of what the official combined book figures say (37 mpg) we are returning similar figures to your Ranger. Took the processor up the line a few weeks back and returned 18mpg doing 55-60 mph on main roads. Does 24-25 mpg with mixed towing and log deliveries on short trips around our Devon lanes. Only got 30 mpg out of it once and that was going up to the APF pretty much unladen. BFG ATs and a canopy probably don't help ours.

Ian, you are a card! Good Morning too you.....

Yes, 2.2, which seems to go okay and freshly serviced....Not towing, driving like an old dear in amongst the lorries on a long MWay drag returned 30.1! Towing a 750kg unit on mostly MWay at indicated 60mph got me 26.4!!! what a bag of shshshsh stuff! most unimpressed! I took about 3,300kg of kit to Scotland at 56 all the way to Carlisle and got 15.8 which did not improve my demeanor at all.

Anyone report anything on the new style Rodeo or done much with the Amorak? not that we can change now....

I had a ride in a dmax the other day, we did 26mpg, mostly motorway over about 100 miles with a very considerate driver (to the vehicle that is). I was very suprised how bad it was. Although, I am sure there was something wrong with it.

The owner thinks this is normal, I am not convinced. I think this guy already had the fuel filter, diesel in the oil thing done so we ruled that out but. It has a truckman back and general grabber AT2 on it.

When I tow at the weight limit of the trailer with my Amarok I get 18.5-21.5mpg depending on traffic. Cruise control on, standard 56mph.

However I am on quite agressive mud tyres and before I could 19-25 or so with if I had a good run.

No trailer, always 30+ no exceptions, steady drive 35+