planning portal supporting docs tree surveys

treesnakey

Planning portal is now stating that we have provide photos, sketch plan and tree survey.

A tree survey seems excessive for 1 tree is there a way of getting round this on planning portal.

Jake

Did you tick the box that the tree was causing damage or dangerous? Un-tick those and you should be OK (unless it has changed very recently).

I did one at the weekend which was dead tree so ticked that box and it didnt ask for a tree survey just a covering letter of arb knowledge to back up why the tree was triple D. As above go through it and check which boxes you have ticked. It didnt ask for a survey on my one, but i did do sketch plan, 3 pics and a letter.

I have found that not all LPA request it .

Southwark seem to have it on there as a standard requirement but most of the others don't seem to.

Best thing to do is click send it by post this will get you moved on so you can submit the application . If they then feel you need a report they will call you .

The need for a Tree Report will be because one of the boxes has been clicked. That'll be for health and safety reasons or alleged damage, either un-tick the boxes, or click the box that states you will send it in the post.

This is a central requirement now that if trees are to be removed for H&S reasons, a detailed report from a tree professional is needed. If the tree is to be removed for alleged subsidence then a full engineers report and a tree professional report is needed.

I believe it is to make the process transparent as these reports will then be held on file and open to the public to inspect (if they ever wish to!!)

It shouldn't require a full report though. Within the reasons and description of works requested we will generally give a full description of why the works are required. This should be sufficient in most cases. There are the odd exception with contentious works in particular removals that may not be as clear in terms of the extent of the problem in which case a report may be more justified. I currently do TPO apps free of charge if we are doing the work. If we required a survey or report each time we would then be charging for a professional service. Submitting a report could also lead to those who are not sufficiently qualified on paper being held to account if works were incorrect.