cougar 18er

Elliot Smith

We have the diesel one. Had it about 4 years but keep it for lighter, low ground pressure sites or restricted access sites. We tow it behind a mule ATV. Not a bad we chipper/shredder. Single feed roller so you need to prep the brash well. It is rather noisy for such a small machine, and not as quick as a big chipper (obviously I know). Only done about 150hrs from new. Good for brash, pruning soft material up to about 75mm maybe 100 if not hard wood. Has some very clever features. :001_smile:

We have the diesel one. Had it about 4 years but keep it for lighter, low ground pressure sites or restricted access sites. We tow it behind a mule ATV. Not a bad we chipper/shredder. Single feed roller so you need to prep the brash well. It is rather noisy for such a small machine, and not as quick as a big chipper (obviously I know). Only done about 150hrs from new. Good for brash, pruning soft material up to about 75mm maybe 100 if not hard wood. Has some very clever features. :001_smile:

Sounds good Gareth av been looking at smaller chippers with a lower shoot hight so i can chip into the back of my l200 with a canopy on it, i would be keeping anything bigger than 3-4" for firewood so something this size would be enough, how do you find getting parts for them?

We've never had to get parts. It came with a spare set of hammer flails and blades. We did once try and contact them to get a part for the safety bar but ended up making it our selves. It was eric hunter dealership them, but we kept getting put thru to someone who spoke french when we got transferred. I think they're still the dealer? Parts should be available as they're big on mainland Europe. It's a handy we chipper and very powerful for its size. It has a great throw from the spout.

The Cougar is marketed by PSD, a spin off of the Gibsons Garden Machinery thing in Lancashire. Eric Hunter was the name of the firm that was the importer but they switched the light off when Jez Smothers left. Being a French owned company, you did get put through to France or Germany if you needed TS bits.

Very popular here especially for landscapers.

Although I found it rather slow, I'd consider the PTO version for our 26hp JD 1026

It can be rented locally for 200euros a day.

Makes long thin shreds instead of neat square chips.

I rather like the range of machines but the prices totally put me off.

Ty