Tank dipped by customs .

TIMON

Our mog had its tank dipped by customs and excise today..

One of our guys was chipping outside today's job and they pulled up out of nowhere and dipped the tank.

As soon as they found it was white diesel they were gone. No more questons..

By the time I got down from the tree they had vanished..,,

So glad I took the advice off arbtalkers when we first bought the mog and decided to run on white..

:):)

Thanks

Timon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could they of actually done anything , if it was just chipping you could of drained the tank and filled with red, then swapped to white for drive home

Yep! They'd definitely believe us!

As for what they could do........ How about loading our mog onto a low loader, confiscating it and back taxing us for all the mileage the vehicle had done. Plus a sizeable fine. HM customs and excise are not exactly known for being either naive or lenient.....

Like I said it's definitely worked out far cheaper to run it on white than red

:)

Timon

I know a guy who had a phone call one tea time asking f he owned the garage up the road, he confirmed he did, and was then informed that the caller was from customs and had been at the garage owners premises earlier tbat day and had dipped a lorry which had red diesel in the tank,

When the owner said " you can't go on my premises and dip my tanks without my permission"

He was informed we can go , and do as we like, . We have more power than the police,

The owner then confirmed that the vehicle in question was his, did have red diesel and indeed had no tax or mot,

The customs official, upon hearing this nearly had the jelly and ice cream out when he heard that!

The owner told the customs guy that it was a shunter vehicle used for his yard only, he said the phone call was abruptly ended and he heard nothing more about it.