7"-8" on a turntable

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in the same position at the moment ty.

Talked to all the main manufacturers at the apf and it seems tp were the only real contender in this size without going 9" which seem to all be over 2200kg so big lumps.

The new 190 from greenmech looks ok but not turntable it yet, timberwolf 190 is getting a revamp next but again not going on a turntable for at least 18month if at all. Premier are good but sooooo expensive.

I want a quadchip 190 turntable with 8" x 12" opening, 45-50hp, vertical rollers, spare wheel, folding spout and a cup holder ;-)

TP200 has been proven since about '98 and only this year is being revamped. Just picked one up (turntable) to replace the 150 and they're about 1650 kg. The new TP210 will be like a bigger version of the 160, straight feed from behind, turntable option and later on a track machine too.

Speak to Mark Osborne for more details.

Regards,

Steve.

I would also like a bigger chipper at some point when we get a bigger truck. But I would like to get a turntable too to reduce some of the extra hassle from the increased size and weight.

There must be loads of people who think this and yet there are several sub-750kg turntable machines (from Greenmech, Vermeer and now Timberwolf) yet you go straight from there up to 9 inch machines weighing 3 times+ the amount (from Vermeer and Timberwolf). Hopefully the main manufacturers have noticed there is a big gap in the market...

Though Redwood do sell a turntable version of the Jensen 540 (7 1/2 inch chipper). But the turntable version is much wider than than the standard in line model (even though hopper is same width). I think the turntable models are much better when the machine is designed and sold only as a turntable machine rather than as an add-on option. The 540 has a rather narrow throat for the size chipper, too (7.5 x 9 inch). It looks to have been superceded rather by the new Forst TR8 with its 8 x 10 inch throat.