550xp 9 pin sprocket fitment

THE88MAN

Bought a 9 pin to stick on my 550 (.325) to see how it rolled.the sprocket didn't fit the drum (too large centre),however,messing around in the garage last night I discovered it fitted a 3/8 drum off a 560,squeezed it on and worked perfectly today! I cant quote part numbers without stripping it out but has anyone else found similar? strange I thought

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the large spline drum is just a large spline drum then and not specifically a 3/8 drum then? :confused1::biggrin:

Yep . You will find the large spline on the larger saws about 70cc upwards . on wich you can run .325 3/8 or .404 dependent on your running gear and preferences .

There are 3/8x7 rims out there, for both the small and the regular (large) 7-spline drums, but .325x9 (and 3/8x8) is made only for the regular (large) 7-spline drums, except maybe by some "costum" brand.

.325x9 or 3/8x8 are too large for that saw anyway, so there is little point in trying it.

Yep . You will find the large spline on the larger saws about 70cc upwards . on wich you can run .325 3/8 or .404 dependent on your running gear and preferences .

On some 60cc saws as well, and there are both small and large spline drums made for many saws.

Just had a look on Oregon site and it only has the 560xp listed.

Both 7 spline small and 7 spline standard clutch drums are available.

You have discovered these also fit the 550xp.

This will enable 7,8,9 pin in 325 and 7,8 in 3/8.

Don't think you can get 9x325 in 7 spline small .