new ms461 - dual port muffler?

jrose

Hi all,

Got myself a ms461, what a lovely saw! Anyone know if the dual port muffler for the 046/460 will fit, or is it a different part?

Cheers

HI JROSE what bar size are you running on 461 jrose how old is saw as I'm told by stihl at APF SHOW you have fit a stihl daul port muffler to up warranty jrose ask them re my 660 thanks jon :thumbup:

HI JROSE what bar size are you running on 461 jrose how old is saw as I'm told by stihl at APF SHOW you have fit a stihl daul port muffler to up warranty jrose ask them re my 660 thanks jon :thumbup:

It's got a 20" on it Jon, only got it Friday afternoon so pretty new! Also going to get a 25" for the occasional bigger stuff that's not worth getting the big saw out.

Basically wanted a saw somewhere between my 545 and the 3120, used this in anger for first time today and pretty pleased so far

It's got a 20" on it Jon, only got it Friday afternoon so pretty new! Also going to get a 25" for the occasional bigger stuff that's not worth getting the big saw out.

Basically wanted a saw somewhere between my 545 and the 3120, used this in anger for first time today and pretty pleased so far

HI JROUSE you can get a muffler off stihl thanks jon :thumbup:

Joe,

Great to hear yer happy with yer saw. Afraid I have bad news, though. Stateside we've poked around with the exhaust on the 461 and have found it makes almost no difference at all. The 461 has a unique system of scavenging it's exhaust that basically makes any mods ineffective unless it is ported.

The good news is it is a strong saw! Once the bottom end and the rings break in, you'll be very happy.

You still carving on occasion?

Wes