Stihl 08s Chainbrake???

lukey

hi guys, i have recently been clearing out a customers shed/barn and i found an old tatty stihl 08s. it runs great and starts no problem but was wondering if it is possible to fit a chain-brake as this saw doesnt have one fitted and would like to fit one (if possible) for obvious safety reasons. many thanks Lukey

hi guys, i have recently been clearing out a customers shed/barn and i found an old tatty stihl 08s. it runs great and starts no problem but was wondering if it is possible to fit a chain-brake as this saw doesnt have one fitted and would like to fit one (if possible) for obvious safety reasons. many thanks Lukey

HI MATE ok for milling work mate thanks jon :thumbup:

The 08s isn't any good for milling Jon, it's only 56cc

You could probably retro-fit a chainbrake to the saw, the best option is to take the clutch side off and check if the recess is there for the brake assembly, if it is, just get the parts ordered and fit them, if not, you're stuffed as you have the old type crankcase

As a collector of all things Stihl, I can tell you that the cost of fitting a chain brake to this saw would be far to expensive, in the region of £160 +, as previously suggested you'd be better of selling it on Ebay and buying a modern saw. There are loads on Ebay and other sites,

These saw date back to when men were men and health and safety wasn't heard of.

I personally have several of these driving different attachments (post hole borer, core drilling machine, brush cutter, winch, planking mill, disc saw the list go's on they were very versatile, now manufacturer has come close to matching the versatility of the 08 or 08s chainsaw, not even Stihl.

The 08s isn't any good for milling Jon, it's only 56cc

You could probably retro-fit a chainbrake to the saw, the best option is to take the clutch side off and check if the recess is there for the brake assembly, if it is, just get the parts ordered and fit them, if not, you're stuffed as you have the old type crankcase

HI EDDY sorry mate thats what i no then :lol:thanks jon :thumbup: