Cedar for milling?

Rob1982

Morning Arb chaps, I have got my hands on some lengths of cedar, about 3,4 and 5' and about 18" to 2' wide. Its about 120 years old. Would this be any good for milling? Would anybody like to buy it? There are a lot of Cedar rounds on top of the lengths that I need to split today, after that I can take better measurements and photos, if needed.

I have just started my own wee company called RFM Tree Services in the Aberdeenshire area, if anybody is looking for extra help doing ground/MWEP work just ask. I also have a TW125 on order and will be hiring it and myself out by the day.

Well time to get the splitter out:001_smile:

Nice one rob and good luck. 👍

Cedar is a great wood to work with, well i like it anyways lol.

Theres a great guy on here call Big J, he mills a lot of wood and supplies loads of lads and lasses on here. Maybe ask him if he's interested

All the best

Dan