Makita EA3201S35B saw in costco.

muttley9050

Hi, I was in costco yesterday and there selling the above saw for £98+vat. Thinking about getting one as a backup to my husky 545. Anyone ever used one have an opinion. Obviously don't expect it to compete with the husky but thought it might save the day sometime seen as there giving them away.

Makita EA3201S35B 2-Stroke Petrol Chainsaw 350mm (14") - 32cc | Makita EA3201S35B

That does look cheap. I have a ms180 but its only useful for cutting up pallets, hardwood sleepers, telegraph poles and roots basically gets all the rubbish jobs because its a cheap little chain to replace. I would imagine even cutting 5in sticks will be painfully slow. my ms260 is slow enough.

power wise with a sharp chain you'll just about be alright unless your logging. i got a ms170 which is about the equivelent and it has saved the day when other saws have been down. secret is stinging sharp, tiny bar.

however i got it second hand for £30. not quiet sure i would have paid £120 (with vat.) for it......personally i think i'd get a half decent used saw for £100-150 quid.

let me know how it goes if you do get it!