ms200t wont chain oil

Rodeodog

morning all.

i have recently bought a second hand ms200t which i have used a few times but the chain oil system wont work. i have tried everything in my limited knowledge to get it working ie, check oil filter ( which i found there wasnt one) and alot of crap in the tank, i have taken the rubber out from where the oil comes from oured petrol through fired wd40 into it but it still wont work! i dont want to start taking the saw apart but i also dont want to spend more money on getting it fixed a shop, i have ordered a new oil filter.

any help would be great. many thanks

also have you been running it on proper oil? i thought i had a problem with an 010av then i used thick chain oil instead of veg and it works fine now. almost like the veg oil was too thin for the pump?

when you fired WD40 in did it come out the other end? can you check the line with a airline (take oil cap off first? was it pulling petrol through when you ran petrol through it?

i guess its full of crap if filter was missing and tank was full of crap.

not done it to a ms200 but getting to the oil pump to clean it has been ok for me as long as you take your time and remember where averything goes.....

Been running it on pretty much veg oil but only bought it recently, nothing seems to come out if the hole neither petrol or the wd40?? It must be blocked but haven't got anything long or thin enough to get it out with! Surely if the pump was gone I would still get oil out of the holes when I'm spraying stuff in there?

probably wouldn't flow through the pump.

try an air line i would, blow it all clear then try again with wd/petrol then decent chain oil.

i've used veg oil for years with no probs, but i always mix it a bit with chain oil just to thicken it up and to stop it setting when left unused for a while. veg oil prob isn't the problem, but best to try with normal just to make sure.

Fairy common on the 200, I have seen loads of these over the years, it is probably a blockage in the pump.

You will need to take the clutch and drive sprocket off to get at the pump.

If you remove the pump which is held on by two screws then rotate the drive gear in the pump should see the blockage come out. You have to rotate the gear backwards, so try it both ways.