lymes disease / borelliosis

ging

might be of interest to any/everyone.

so, lymes disease the one with the red bullseye rash that ticks carry, most will be familliar with, borelliosis is basically another name for it, which i was dignosed with a cpl years back, resulted in me being admitted to hospital for 3 weeks with suspected menegitis, later confimered as boreliosis.

i was fortunate and was in austria at the time where people are pretty familiar with these things, there is also a high rate of another disease carried by ticks there which i had been imunised against. anyways, while i was in austria i never found a tick on me and i have only ever had 3 in my life, all of which were after one night in scotland about a year befor i got sick and i never developed the tell tale bulls eye rash. i had read that the bacteria can lie dormant so to speak for some time and left it at that.

recently tho, i was reading something about it in new zealand, where lymes disease is apparantly almost denyed, seeing as the carring ticks do not occur in new zealand, theres some cases of the same in aus too. long story short, someone elses research said that the disease can be found in bird poops too. this would make sense seein as the environment we work in.

so if your face ever goes paralysed (bells paulsy), you have a head ache for a week, wake in the night with pain in ur neck so bad you cant sleep the rest through, develop arthiritis in your elbows and wrists and havent had a rash from a tick bite, you may have boreliosis from a bird doo doo.

oh and it cleared up after the r and r in the hospital.:thumbup:

Good post. Need to be careful with this. If in doubt go to the doctor and INSIST on a blood test. My mate was felling in Germany and got it. He was hospitalised for a while and also got athritis in his hands (it attacks your joints) and couldn't work for 6 months. Nasty Disease.

Insist on a blood test early on can prevent a lot of the above

Interesting post. Insisting on a blood test early isn't helpful as they are generally negative. But do remind your GP that you work in an industry where you might meet ticks so Lymes Disease is a possibility. They will see a case of Lymes disease roughly every 180 000 cases they see (its very rare) so most GP's won't diagnose a single case in their working lifetime. So a reminder and an appointment to get the test at the right time is helpful.

I concur Woodguy. Insist on a blood test and TELL them you work in an industry where there is a small chance of becoming infected. That way when they send the blood sample for testing they'll tick the box to check for this. It doesn't always show apparently but its definitely worth asking for, the opposite can be horrific when this disease takes hold.

might be of interest to any/everyone.

so, lymes disease the one with the red bullseye rash that ticks carry, most will be familliar with, borelliosis is basically another name for it, which i was dignosed with a cpl years back, resulted in me being admitted to hospital for 3 weeks with suspected menegitis, later confimered as boreliosis.

i was fortunate and was in austria at the time where people are pretty familiar with these things, there is also a high rate of another disease carried by ticks there which i had been imunised against. anyways, while i was in austria i never found a tick on me and i have only ever had 3 in my life, all of which were after one night in scotland about a year befor i got sick and i never developed the tell tale bulls eye rash. i had read that the bacteria can lie dormant so to speak for some time and left it at that.

recently tho, i was reading something about it in new zealand, where lymes disease is apparantly almost denyed, seeing as the carring ticks do not occur in new zealand, theres some cases of the same in aus too. long story short, someone elses research said that the disease can be found in bird poops too. this would make sense seein as the environment we work in.

so if your face ever goes paralysed (bells paulsy), you have a head ache for a week, wake in the night with pain in ur neck so bad you cant sleep the rest through, develop arthiritis in your elbows and wrists and havent had a rash from a tick bite, you may have boreliosis from a bird doo doo.

oh and it cleared up after the r and r in the hospital.:thumbup:

Hi mate very good post mate there's loads of ticks around now our dog picked them but now she had this £30 one off tablet good for 8)10 week thanks for your post Jon