Venditare advertising BEWARE!

benedmonds

Don't go near!!!:sneaky2: Sneaky, cheating......!

Signed up for some advertising on the back of a local indian restaurant menu. Thought it was worth a try. It wasn't! Didn't have a call in the 2 years.

Forgot about it, then get an email telling me it is rolling into year 3. Now two years ago I signed an agreement for two years but on the back point 14 in the small print is that if I don't cancel the order within 12 months in writing by recorded delivery it will roll on.

My bank says it can't stop the payment! I am seething!!:mad1:

If it's a direct debit you can stop the payment! If you paid by card & they are taking the payment that way every month all you have to do is cancel that card & order a new one. Your bank should stop any payments going out of your account. The only problem is if you stop making the payments they might get a debt collector after you :-(

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Not sure the amount you are paying, but 12 months may be considered an 'unreasonable' notice period. Give them 12 weeks notice?

Then again if you are paying on an annual basis and not monthly................

Now, if you were an ordinary consumer and the terms were in the small print then you can tell them to shove it.

Had this problem few years ago

Found we had loads of dd's going out every month

Stopped them all then paid by card

Every three months report card lost and get a new one

Then everyone had to ring you to re-start payments ........

Saved us £1000's

If you don't check your bank statements as often as you should it would be a good idea to do this now ......you'll be surprised who rings

I paid by card, so the bank said I could not stop it! I thought that was safer then direct debit... I have since realised, it was an old card as I broke mine luckily.. Anyway they can't take the cash..! But a quick google of the company finds nothing but BAD reviews and warnings.. I guess I only got the invoice when the card was rejected... I am now expecting threatening letters if other internet posts are anything to go by.

Good idea to replace your card regularly. I might start doing that as it is easy and free. Last time I did it I think I even carried on with the same pin..

Never trust anyone in business, I have recently been trying to change over to another card merchant and have decided the devil I know and all that.

I read every bit of small print now, which is just as well because payment sense told me I would have an 18 month contract with no get out fee, what he meant to say was 60 month contract with £160 machine restock fee and £20 admin.

These rolling contracts should not be allowed imo.

Had similar ordeal with ufindalocal signed me up for 18 months for £150 ish then after about 11 months received a moody call saying my rolling renewal had. One up but the price for renewal was £2500, or if I paid instantly 'only' £1500, and of course they didn't generate a single job for me in that year. Anyway CAB couldn't help in the end after trawling the small print I needed to give 3 months notice and as I'd haggled for an 18 month contract for the price of 12 I still had time to cancel, however upon telling them this they still tried it on. A lucky escape.

WM Tree Services

http://www.bestkenttreesurgeons.co.uk