Found my "perfect" for me, handler

difflock

I got sent a brochure for these when our local tractor dealer lost their valtra franchise. I was excited when i saw small telehandler big lift and option for 3pl and pto. As it would make a really really versatile vehicle.

Couldn't see it on the website but in the book it was only a cat 1 linkage with around a 300kg lift. So maybe a 3 tonne winch at best or a mower. I think the pto was off the hydraulics too so you'd need the upgraded pump to make the best of it.

There are a few machines like this. Some used ones on auto trader. They would be great most of the time but sometimes you just cant get by without picking up 2 tonnes or 1 tonne at full stretch. I think the jcb 527-50 may be better for us not much bigger but can lift 2.7 tonnes. Wont be dragging it with the disco though :biggrin:

I was aware of the Merlo Multifarmer, and indeed "rate" the Merlo brand.

However despite the hundred odd acres, I dont farm, and rather I want to sommat compact for working in around the house, garden and relatively small sheds.

Plus sommat small enough to bring billets/pallets of firewood into the boiler-house.

And handling firewood.

Anyway the wee cross cut saw is Cat 1 and easy driven.

Owt else can be driven direct offen the high flow hydraulics

Plus 2.5 bogged tonnes, should I venture up the Moss, is way easier to extract.

cheers

marcus

Edited by difflock

• 1 year later...

Gents,

There is a glimmer of hope, our local plant hire outfit has bought a few of these,(on superfat Agri tyres too!).

I tried one yesterday, and fingers crossed will be able to buy one secondhand when they dispose of them.

When I asked why they had brought them onto their fleet, the answer was music to my ears.

"Because the 5.0m telehandlers had simply got too large"

£150.00/day £400.00/week

Cab is a trifle cramped, but I liked the hydrostatic transmission with the instant auto braking/hold stationary if not told otherwise and absolute precision.

Gents,

There is a glimmer of hope, our local plant hire outfit has bought a few of these,(on superfat Agri tyres too!).

I tried one yesterday, and fingers crossed will be able to buy one secondhand when they dispose of them.

When I asked why they had brought them onto their fleet, the answer was music to my ears.

"Because the 5.0m telehandlers had simply got too large"

£150.00/day £400.00/week

Cab is a trifle cramped, but I liked the hydrostatic transmission with the instant auto braking/hold stationary if not told otherwise and absolute precision.

Spied one on the back of a CP plant hire (I think) lorry earlier in the week and followed it for a while to get a closer look - looks like a very handy size.