NPTC Windblown/Emergency Treeworks

Adam M

Hi,

I've just asked a training provider for a price for windblown and they have responded by saying that its now emergency tree works. I was under the impression that windblown had changed to incorporate multiple (cs34/35) and that emergency treeworks was separate, and that windblown is still current. They said that they have a windblown course available but if it's being phased out, I'd rather do the most up to date course. Can anyone confirm if windblown is being replaced or not, and has anyone done the emergency treeworks course??

Thanks,

AdamM

They are both current and totally different

Have a look at the assessment schedules.

Small felling is pre requisite for emergency tree work

Medium for wind blown

I truly believe the wind blown is the higher one as more I depth but the emergency also deals with other bits

HI, have just passed the new course with Ian Morgan Arb with Ian Morgan and Chris Cooper Abbs. Top chaps. If you give Ian a bell, he will fill you in as he did a lot of wrk putting the new course together, in between cups o tea... anyway its now called "Award in Emergency Tree work Operations. Good luck and give my best to Ian

Yep, just to re-iterate, what used to be CS34 and CS35 is now the Level 3 Award in Severing Uprooted Trees Or Windblown Trees Using A Chainsaw. The qualification guidance is available at http://www.nptc.org.uk/assets/documents/b586dbdcab5e4eb7b1f7249bef9a36af.pdf.

To complete this assessment, you must demonstrate retaining a forward-leaning and rearward-leaning root plate, show securing a stem under side-tension, deal with partially broken or broken trees, use reduction cuts, fell partially windblown trees and so on.

You will need to hold CS32, or the new Unit 301.

The emergency treeworks, or Level 3 Award in Emergency Treework Operations, although looking similar at first glance, is quite different. First off the pre-requisite is CS31 or the new Unit 203. The qualification guidance is at http://www.nptc.org.uk/assets/documents/3bd377c3a72a43e3aa3c6655495ffb2d.pdf.

This course has a different emphasis and has more information regarding environmental issues, and deals with securing root plates, severing the stem, assisted felling and breakdown of the canopy.

Cheers,

David.