441 or 372xp

burrell_

rite iv bin thinking of getting a bigger saw i mite have a job coming up where if i get the job i will buy a bigger saw. im lookin at the stihl 441 or husqvarna 372 xp anyone no what the good points and bad ones about the 2 saws are. any help on trying to make my mind up would be great

cheers martin

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

441, but I would say that because I'm more a Stihl than Husky man. Prefer maintaining Stihls and the 441 is smooth and low emissions. Husky fans will imminently inform you as to why the 372XP blows the 441 out of the water, but the old Stihl vs Husky war is as tit for tat as ever... Dolmar/Makita 7900/1 is another option tho...:001_smile:

i no about the Stihl vs Husky war thats why i have not really asked before i will see if i can get hold off a 7900 any other suggestions i did have a quick look at the 576 xp anyone no much about them. i want a saw around the 441 range dont want to get upto the 660 yet

I would go for the 576 over the 372 i like the 372 but i get the feeling mine is going to be one of thse pain in the butt saws evan though it cuts damn fast and feels perfectly balanced, didnt want a 575 but now its been powered up a bit and rebadged as the 576 i would chose it on fuel economy and emisions as the 372 is pretty poor on both....

I did like the 441 though,not as fast as the 372 though, but the anti vibes erganomics and fuel emisions where good on the one i tried!

Tho I'm a Stihl convert these days, I still have a 372xp, and i must say its a damn fine saw......NOW. However, i had many probs with it, including being let down by Husky under the warranty, tho Daniel at Chipper-tech did a good job on both the saw and husky and finally got it running beautifully.