Top Handled Saw: Stihl vs Echo vs Husq vs Other?

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont use a top handle an awfull lot but personally prefer the stihl as do most the climbers Ive usedand met.

The problem with echo will undoubtedly be parts availibility, if something goes on a stihl I know my dealer will most likely have it in stock or can get it in within 24 hours. With echo there is frequently a delay.

hey there

i use a stihl during the week for "commercial" contract work doing council street trees but also have a husky at the weekends for personal use and to be honest the only reason for the husky was the price the stihl i think is a lot more robust probably more powerful but its just the initial cost. i dont use my husky every weekend so didn't want to fork out a lot of money also on the husky why put the oil and fuel next to each other and right under the handle not cool husky not cool!!

Makita's are also very reputable. The Echo's seem a little low on power imo compared to the Stihls, although the Stihls are well expensive. Alot of people i have spoke to prefer a small rear handled saw, they're light enough to chuck around from side to side and cost half the price. :)

I have the husqy top handle saw and it beats me as to why it is so much more expensive than one of their smaller saws, the production costs can not be that much greater, if anything.

because they know they ban get away with... :sneaky2:

although the XP models will no doubtedly have a better crank case and other engine parts.

I run a 338 and 200t's i find my self reaching for the stihl most mornings but thats robably 15 years force of habbit...i dont think there is any thing really between the two in terms of power now husky has upped the cc's and ironed out a lot of the faults that where in the initial 335's which were pants in my opinion.

Saying that though my stihl quick release oil cap broke on the 200t when i had 2 extra groundies in and i didnt put a back up saw on on one of my last jobs before x mas wich really made me swear about the stihl again!so im much more likely to be picking up the husky instead in the new year.