Husqvarna or Jonsered?

nicholiath

I have been looking at buying a husqvarna 142 for doing my firewood, so i went to my local husqvarna dealer listed on husky website. He sells Jonsered and says they are same as/made by Husqvarna he suggested jonsered model138.

Are jonsered made by husqvarna?

Are jonsered as good as Husqvarna?

Which one should i get?

I'm confused!!!!!! :confused1::confused1:

I am only looking to spend in the region of £200 or just over.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest i have only been considering Husqvarna or Stihl because of spares availability and the fact that they are the choice of professionals. I queried Jonsered as they are stocked by the local Husky dealer. Husky appear to have more horse power in my price range than Stihl.:confused1:

My first saw was a jonsered 2163, I bought it second hand, used it pretty much everyday for thinnings and firewood and it performed pretty faultlessly. Many parts are husky but a few quirky little bits (front handles as mentioned before by someone) and were a little bit "numb" compared to the equivalent husky.

Reliability wise I don't think there's anything in it but handlin wise the Husky just beats it IMO

My first saw was a jonsered 2163, I bought it second hand, used it pretty much everyday for thinnings and firewood and it performed pretty faultlessly. Many parts are husky but a few quirky little bits (front handles as mentioned before by someone) and were a little bit "numb" compared to the equivalent husky.

Reliability wise I don't think there's anything in it but handlin wise the Husky just beats it IMO

Personally i would only buy stihll, but second would be husky. The jonsered might be cheaper but it certainly wont last as long. Think about it over the timescale you plan on using the saw.ie 1 year, 5 years and so on. Or who is your supplier, if you are rural and he is the nearest for miles take his advice.

Personally i would only buy stihll, but second would be husky. The jonsered might be cheaper but it certainly wont last as long. Think about it over the timescale you plan on using the saw.ie 1 year, 5 years and so on. Or who is your supplier, if you are rural and he is the nearest for miles take his advice.

OK, not wanting to labour the point, but if only a few quirky bits on Jonsered are different and the engine is the same as Husky why would reliability/longevity be any different? :confused1:

OK, not wanting to labour the point, but if only a few quirky bits on Jonsered are different and the engine is the same as Husky why would reliability/longevity be any different? :confused1:

Used both but prefer Stihl.....just seem torquier. As for reliability I don't think there's anything in it. They're out of the same factory and power units are the same. Probably better deals available on the Jonsered.