Eco plug how effective are they?

sasha.p

Just wanted to know and where is the best place to buy them,do they work well or are other methods more effective?im getting a few customers asking about stumps that are re growing that never died off from previous work they have had done by other people one in particular today the roots was lifting the ladys wall up and the holly was re growing where her neighbour had quiet clearly cut it right back and tried poisening it as there were grooves cut into the tops where he must of treated it with somthing but its still very much alive.Any advice much appreciated thanks

Go online and you'll get the details of the UK distributor. We've been using them for about a year and haven't had any issues.

Individually they're quite pricey at about 50p each and on a large poplar stump you may have to use 40-50. Therefore you have to be a bit more accurate with pricing to treat a stump. They are very quick and easy to use, safe with no special handling requirements.

As they are expensive, don't leave the box/container in the van, take them out only when needed and take the right number, as scattering them across the vehicle is not conducive to good humour.

Thanks Paul , I was looking at the arb show info after yesterday and found they are doing a promotion stall there for them ,then I came across them online but just wanted some personal input from people who use them on how effective they were as you say they are costly but if im going to tell a customer yes I can kill a stump off effectivly then I want to know that they work well and that the customer wont be left with re growth after I have told them otherwise,lol wont be scattering them across the truck either:biggrin:

I was also looking at these as honey bros sell them. Do you just drill a whole in the center of the stump and bang one plug in or do you need multiple plugs for it to be effective??

No :001_huh:

Basic tree science - the middle of the stump is dead wood, and has been for years...

As Paul Smith suggests, you dot them closely on the cambium layer around the outside of the stump, killing the living part of the tree.

No :001_huh:

Basic tree science - the middle of the stump is dead wood, and has been for years...

As Paul Smith suggests, you dot them closely on the cambium layer around the outside of the stump, killing the living part of the tree.

My bad dumb moment! Baby was screaming at me at the time! Cheers guys

When you order your first 100 you can buy a drill bit. It's just a wood bit with a washer welded on to give the correct depth. You drill holes around the edge just in from the bark. the number of holes is determined by the species. I.e. poplars etc have more holes closer together, say 100mm apart. There is a sheet with each box giving the information. When you tap them in not bash them in, the capsule of glyphosate bursts and is delivered straight to the live wood and the hole is sealed.