Ryobi PCN 4343 problems

hammer

Hi all - I have a Ryobi pcn4343 which has given 2 years faultless service....

The problem now is that it runs well until cutting wood (the important bit!) - when cutting the engine slows down - the chain almost stops if cutting a large log and you apply any sort of pressure to the bar.

Saw starts and idles no problem

As soon as you take the chain away from the log the engine resumes full speed.

I have replaces spark plug (it has the correct gap) and air filter. Chain is sharp and the tension seems good.

Fuel has no problem passing through the fuel filter.

The chain does not slip when cutting - it is more like the engine slows down

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

i know the problem straight away and your probably going to here this a lot on here.... you've bought a rubbish saw. contrary to wot it say on the box ryobi are only good for gardeners cutting small wood and basi,basic tree work. if your goin to do this for a living your goin to need a better saw ie stihl or an husky sorry mate there dear but its the truth you gotta invest. bye cheap bye twice thats the law in tools..

Is the chain the right way around:001_tongue:. Are the rakers to high?? Alot of builders/carpenters have come to me and said me saws not cutting, when i said have you taken the rakers down, they said what are they. saw cuts fine after that

Edited by Ian Leach