Loler in Africa?

G00MER

Holy cow! I did that jump in 1999 - I was petrified enough with a good bungee!

Loler doesn't seem to exist in Africa. Last year I did a zip slide canopy tour in South Africa. The krabs were all old, with only 2 way locking gates that stuck open easily. I pointed this out to the guide (after she'd given a talk about how all the equipment was checked daily!) but was told if I didn't like it I shouldn't do the tour.

I did do it but was constantly checking my wife and in-laws krabs for them!

Oh my god, just seen this on the news. That girl really is lucky to be alive.

Im off to south africa next year and was going to do the worlds highest bungee jump off the bloukrans bridge but I think I may just have changed my mind!!

I wussed out at Bloukrans bridge (and my wife was with me).

In Africa that would be a girls name! Along with Sunshine, Daybreak, Justice, et, etc

I lived in Livingstone, Zambia for 6+ months a few years ago now - in those days all the 'Jumpmasters' were ex-pats, bar one local lad. The kit was fully checked every day, the Jumpmaster took the first jump and each bungee was only allowed to be used so many times, and within a certain weight bracket!This was all logged jump by jump. They had the best safety record in the industry, worldwide.

I am guessing that the daily checks have gone out of the window or the firm are cutting corners, by using bungees for more jumps - would not have happened back in the day!

I did Vic Falls bridge numerous times, and also Blouktrans.

Chris